Need an Injury Attorney for Your North Dakota Commercial Vehicle Accident?
There are many businesses across North Dakota, and you can tell if you live here, because you see them all over the state. Tourists are drawn to the many businesses of North Dakota, and the beautiful landscapes. With many businesses moving in and out, North Dakota is obviously going to see a fluctuation of commercial vehicles over the years to come. Companies who own commercial vehicles know that there are many laws regarding insurance and how their personal commercial policy must protect others when there is an accident and serious injuries. Though North Dakota loves many businesses moving into the state and the attention it brings to beautiful North Dakota, accidents involving commercial vehicles happen every year. Some of these accidents involve certain vehicles, such as:
- Passenger vans, cars, and buses
- Box trucks/flatbed trucks
- Delivery vans
- Ice cream trucks
- Tow trucks
- Garbage trucks
The list goes on and on. If the vehicle is owned by a business, it most likely applies as a commercial vehicle and you will be able to bring one of these unique claims against them.
What to do After You Have Been Injured
If you have been injured in a serious commercial vehicle accident, you may wonder where to turn. You know you want to compensate for your injuries because the bills are piling up and you are suffering physically and emotionally with this financial worry on top of everything. However, before you compensate, you must be able to show that your injuries had some effect on your life. Do you have information proving that another case is liable for your commercial vehicle accident? After your accident, you may think that seeking medical treatment is one of the only steps you should take and your case will take off from there – but this is not true. You should also seek help from the police, who are able to make a police report that details all of the events in your case, take photographs of your injuries and the accident scene, and collect information on weather conditions present that day. Remember these aspects when you are dealing with a commercial vehicle accident:
- You should always speak with an accident attorney. An attorney is one of the only people who will be able to help you preserve the most in your case, launching an investigation into how the accident occurred and more.
- The driver’s history on our roadways should also be considered, since they are operating under a business. This means that you will want to know the driver’s history, driving record, tickets they may have received, criminal history, experience, and many other aspects.
- If the vehicle contained a “black box,” or an electronic box that stores all information on a vehicle, you may be able to use this info in your case. You may be able to discover many elements through this box, from the vehicle’s maintenance to the speed it was driving in your accident and so much more. Companies should always keep this information, so you want to act quickly before information that you need is destroyed.
Holding a Party Liable for Injuries
Like many other accidents, a variety of parties could be held liable in your case. You may wonder if the driver or company is liable based on what happened in your case. Under a theory known as “respondeat superior,” an employer could be held liable depending on what actions its employee took. This means that, if the worker is a real employee and not a contractor, and they take negligent action and it causes your injury, the driver and the employer could owe you compensation in your accident.
You want to act promptly when you have been injured in a commercial vehicle case. We are here for you, with experience in North Dakota commercial vehicle accidents. Turn to an experienced attorney to get you the best outcome in your case.